Constellation Pajamas

These have been cut out and sitting on my sewing table for nearly a month... and I finally finished them this afternoon!  After the first pair of Carolyn Pajama shorts I made using a knit fabric, I've been meaning to sew up the pattern properly with a woven fabric.  A while ago I ordered 3m of the Lizzy House Constellations cotton with the intention of making a dress, but then realized that this fabric would be perfect for a pair of pj's!

I didn't have enough fabric to make both the shorts and the top from the Carolyn Pajamas pattern, so I made a Wiksten Tank for the top.

These are SO comfortable.  I can definitely see myself spending a few lazy Saturdays in these pajamas. 

Since these are pj's I made sure that the seams were all finished really nicely.  I used bias binding for the neck & arm holes and hem of the tank, and used my serger for the side seams of the tank and inner seams of the shorts.

My favourite part of these pj's is that the constellations are every so slightly metallic.  As an accent, I used metallic piping at the short cuffs!

I am so happy with how these turned out, and I'm looking forward to wearing them to bed tonight! :)